First of all, it’s about your most precious baby. It’s also about sleep, ranked quite high on the preciousness scale these days, especially if you’ve been sleep deprived for a good while! As much as you really need more sleep for your entire family, you definitely want to make sure that whoever you get on board to help you, is the right fit for you. I typically spend a few weeks with the families I help with the Full Sleep Story support: we get in touch every day, we openly talk about the difficult chapters and how to make things better. For those couple of weeks, I am your person.
Here are 10 things I’d tell a new parent friend about me:
- I’ve been living in Ireland since 2013, I left everything behind for love! From day one I’ve been completely smitten by how kind and relaxed everyone is here. Also, completely surprised by the amount of sunshine in Dublin!
- My family is a melting pot: I’m Polish, my husband is English and our daughter is Irish. Luckily we share the same sense of humour.
- I’m a great fan of breastfeeding (without being militant about it!).
- I can’t stand parent shaming. Parenting choices seem to start more fires than politics, don’t you think?
- I’m a terrible singer who likes to sing. My daughter objects to all my vocal expressions, apart from the lullabies (phew!).
- I love chocolate, we have a connection. We see each other every day.
- I need to make more time for sports! From Monday I will start attending the classes again. Probably.
- I’m a hopeless perfectionist (sigh).
- One day I’ll write a book, a witty crime story. That is, if I fix point 8 above first and get beyond chapter 1!
- I tend to write too much. You have no idea how difficult it was to keep this list concise. My emails can be so long they’ll put you to sleep in no time!
If you’ve been looking for me, don’t wait any longer and get in touch to get better sleep for your family!